Friday 19 October 2012

LL Cool J Performs a Private Concert for Marines

Amid juggling family and his acting and rapping careers, LL Cool J took time out of his busy schedule to perform a special concert for members of the U.S. armed forces.
On Thursday evening, Cool J visited members of navy personnel, marines, NCIS agents, and their families at Parris Island marine base in South Carolina and gave them a private concert to personally express his gratitude to the troops.


“I just thought to myself that they do so much for our country. These marines go all over the world; they put themselves in harm’s way first a lot of the time,” he said of his decision to accept the Marine Corps’ proposal for the private show.
n addition to the concert, Cool J also allowed real-life NCIS (Naval Crime Investigative Service) agents to come along with him and be part of his posse during his stay in the South. He revealed that his portrayal of an NCIS agent has furthered his respect for men and women in uniform.

“I get an opportunity to portray the role of a hero; they actually live the lives of heroes,” he said. “Anyone who wakes up in the morning and part of their daily job description is ‘Put your life on the line,’ you have to respect that and recognize that.”

When the 44-year-old father of four was asked how he indeed manages to keep his priorities straight between his two careers and the many things they entail and his duties as a husband and father, Cool J revealed that he always make sure to find time for family.

“I try to prioritize…Yesterday, before I got on the plane to come here to do the concert, I went to the school for my daughter. They had a football game and this was her first time cheerleading…So I was on the sidelines like every other dad…taking pictures and doing all of that,” he said. “I just try to carve out time for my family and make sure that I’m there for them, and I would encourage all the guys out there to do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment